Dear Freida Pinto,
The last time I uttered these words was to my golden blond corgi in the 7th grade, but I love you. I only know you from your recent highly acclaimed film Slumdog Millionaire, but you look like you have a good personality and I think we have lot in common.
For example, your name is weird. So is mine. Think of all the stories we could share about mispronunciation and awkward pauses during roll-call. Although I guess you were born and raised in India so you probably didn't have that issue. But then you can tell stories about growing up in India. I'm sure my childhood in Pensacola is nearly as captivating.
You played a poor person in an alternative reality but are well off in real life. I, by contrast, am well off in my imaginary world but am flirting with the poverty line in the real world. The world works in checks and balances and it really only makes sense that we combined our net worth and averaged out to a healthy lifestyle.
I know looks aren't important to you because I saw pictures of your ex-fiance. Maybe he made a lot of money, but I went to Harvard. And that costed a lot of money. Plus it sounds fancy until you realize that I went there for Architecture instead of Business or Law, which would have actually been worth something. But hey, there's something charming about the poor, starving artist motif, am I right?
Think about it.
Sincerely,
Duy

No comments:
Post a Comment