Monday, October 29, 2007

An injection of BoSox

Well, the Boston Red Sox swept the World Series last night as I watched half-heartedly from my room on my computer screen using a tv-tuner card attached to some rabbit ears. I won't pretend that I am a big Sox fan (nor a fan of baseball in general) but still I felt somewhat compelled, nay, obligated to watch the final game.

While the game kept enough of my attention that I had an inkling of what was happening, I just couldn't get my heart into the act of watching. I admit that my chest swelled a bit before the final strikeout, securing the victory. However, that was due primarily to the impending involuntary coughing that would follow from a cold I was developing. Perhaps it was because of the way that the Sox didn't even give Colorado a suggestion of a chance, but it just seem very anticlimactic to me.

I'm not sure where I'm going with all of this. I just thought it would be appropriate to write about the World Series, documenting my acknowledgment of the event, since I live here in the greater Boston area. I guess in the end this entry most-likely carries the level of excitement for you as watching baseball does for me--only you won't be here reading for 4 hours and you can't buy a cap with my name on it . . . yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Perhaps it was because of the way that the Sox didn't even give Colorado a suggestion of a chance, but it just seem very anticlimactic to me."

This sentance is screaming for a little editor-loving. And yes I agree, the Socks beat the living daylights out of the Rockies. No mercy. It was slightly painful and highly boring to watch.