So I just went back and read some of my older posts and they're just not as funny as I remember them being when I wrote them. Retrospection is an odd phenomenon. Some things you do or say seem like a really good idea at the time, but looking back, it doesn't quite resonate. And then you realize you just told people to read it, hyping it up to be fantastic and funny (another instance of good idea at the time).
I guess that's why you're not supposed to advertise blogs--plus it's so uncool to self-promote. But hey, that's me: rebellious and uncool (an unlikely combination).
Fortunately, I tend to think that my later entries are getting better. But who knows, maybe two months from now I'll re-read them and think that they are no good as well. I've gotten some positive feedback from friends and relatives about my more recent writing, so I think it's headed in the right direction. Speaking of direction, I'm not really sure where I'm going with this . . .
I guess I can write about writing in general. A blog on blog, if you will. And you will. Most people will note that a lot of the entries are sort of self-deprecating or feature my negative experiences over the positives. There's really a simple explanation for this: Nothing good ever happens. I kid, I kid . . . I've always had the aim of writing with humor, and it's just so much easier to make something funny if it doesn't go well. It's hard to say, convert my acceptance into all the Ivy League graduate schools I applied to into a joke . . . haha! See? No good.
In any case, I really am not sure why I've made this post, other than the title seemed like a fun one to use. I hope those of you that do read these every once in a while enjoy it. And if you don't enjoy reading this stuff, well . . . . no one put a gun to your head, did they?
Friday, August 24, 2007
Blog Blog
Posted by Duy at 7:37 PM
Labels: random thought
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment