Hello everyone, and welcome back to the show. It's been a long break due to the writer's strike and I apologize for any heart-ache that may have caused. Speaking of heart-ache, Valentine's Day is approaching.
Many think of Valentine's Day in the light of a hopeful renewal of love and relationship. I'm not one of those people. 25 out of 26 of the Valentine's Days that I have been a part of in my life I've spent alone, and there's not really any indication that this upcoming one will be different. To be honest, I don't really get Valentine's Day. It's not enough that people in relationships are in them, but they have to rub it in the face of the lonely as well? I'm not particularly bitter about it myself, but I could see how one could be. As such, I've taken it upon myself to declare a new meaning for the holiday that we all can celebrate--single or otherwise.
The universal symbol for Valentine's Day is a heart, which to them symbolizes Love. I think the emblem should now represent the heart in a literal sense. Therefore, Valentine's Day should now be recognized as Cardiovascular Wellness Day. I mean, you can be wrong and celebrate it in the traditional way if you want, or you can be a humanitarian and join the cause for a healthier mankind. If you think about it, you'd be selfish not to. And you don't want to be selfish do you? I didn't think so.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
V-day
Posted by Duy at 10:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment