Monday, December 17, 2007

Untitled #5

If you see a pretty girl at a party or something, I think a good way to test her vanity would be to approach her with a smile and say, "You are definitely the 2nd best-looking girl in this room."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were a man to say that to me I'd find it insulting, and not because I'm vain.

Studies have shown that men generally look for prettier women while women look for men with means. Therefore women would usually take a comment like that as saying "Hi, the woman I really want said no to me but you're my second choice."

From a evolutionary standpoint this kind of thinking is ingrained into male-female relationships. Women in the past would want a man who could and WOULD provide for children. Generally speaking, the thin, ripped young man has had little to no life experience to prove that he can do this. Also, the more attractive physically the man is the more likely he would be able to attract a prettier mate than he has. This makes him a potentially unstable partner.

Beauty is a sign of youth and health. Men use this as a visual indicator of good breeding partners. The older a woman gets the harder it is to have healthy kids. Big hips = good for carrying and giving birth to young; straight teeth = a sign of more evoloved genes (seriously.); big boobs = well, I'm fairly certain guys just like playing with them since small work the same and tend to last longer.