Friday, September 21, 2007

September

It's been a while, so I'll try to succinctly catch you up on the recent happenings (most of which are pretty insignificant anyways). So, here we go!

The Move:

  • I learned that the U-Haul of MIT has a "No-phone-answer" policy when I was unable to reschedule my Van pick-up from 7:00 AM.
  • I drove for the first time in about two years in a 10-ft Cargo Van. I hit the curb every time I made a turn.
  • My dresser looks heavier than I anticipated.
  • I preferred moving my pillows and blankets to boxes of books.
  • All-in-all, I successfully moved 95% of my belongings to my new apartment within 5 hours without sustaining any serious injuries.
The New Place:
  • The former tenant, who was my current roommate's previous roommate (and I think current girlfriend) took all of the furniture in the common area.
  • My new room is significantly larger than my old room.
  • The apartment is part of Harvard Affiliated housing and exhibits the character of a glorified dormitory.
  • The paradox of whether we lack furniture because we don't entertain guests or that we don't entertain guests because we lack furniture is still unresolved.
The 5th Term:
  • I just started my thesis prep semester at GSD; this is your warning that I may write architectural things over the next few months here--but I'll try not to.
  • I'm only required to take two courses in addition to my Thesis Prep course, so I'll have a little more spare time to kill this term.
  • There's really not much more to say about this.
The Pool League:
  • The play-offs happened over the last two weeks, and ended Monday night.
  • My team finished 4th, which means we spent a long time there and will receive nothing.
  • However, we did end up 1st overall in the season, so we'll get some money for that. Not sure how much, but I'll probably spend it all in one place.
The Dating Scene:
  • No progress.
The Gym:
  • Anyone who knows me will agree: this one deserves its own entry. Just wait.
  • In one year, I will be able to intimidate rabid wildlife--like squirrels. Again, wait for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back!